Payments Guide

The following is a step-by-step guide to checking your tuition balance, paying fees, downloading your tuition tax receipt and accessing financial information.

Check your tuition balance &/or obtain a statement

Current balance:

  1. Go to Web for Students.
  2. Log in using your NetID and select the Web for Student option from the first menu. Click Registration.
  3. Click Select Term and choose the current academic term. Click Registration Fee Assessment to view your fees.
  4. Note: without this step, your fee account will not be accurate or up-to-date.
  5. Return to Web for Students by clicking the link at the top of the page.
  6. Select Student Records and then Account Summary by Term. Look at the amount owing within the “Account Balance” line item.


  1. Complete #5-6 noted above, then:
  2. Click on ‘Statement and Payment History’ at the bottom of the page.
  3. Select the current term from the drop down list beside ‘Select Statement Date’.
  4. View Statement.


Pay admissions deposit fee

King’s students may pay all of their fees at the Student Accounts Office. Application fees and admissions deposits may also be paid online using the Dalhousie Student Accounts website.

Don’t worry! As you navigate the payment process, you will be able to direct your payment to the University of King’s College.

Note: Please print these instructions so that you can be confident you paid the fee correctly. You will need to have your letter of acceptance on hand when following these steps.

  1. Go to Student Accounts.
  2. Enter the student number provided on your letter of acceptance (B00_ _ _ _ _ _) along with the other requested information.
  3. Click on the Add to Cart link.
  4. Select King’s College – All Payments and Deposits. Click Continue.
  5. Select the Admissions Deposit that applies to you (check your admissions letter):
    1. ARTS: Select if you are accepted into the bachelor of arts program and are not taking FYP.
    2. FYP: Select if you are accepted into the bachelor of arts, bachelor of science, bachelor of music, or bachelor of journalism (honours) program and are taking FYP. Please note: Bachelor of journalism (honours) students must take FYP.
    3. JOURNALISM: Select if you are accepted into the bachelor of journalism program only.
    4. MUSIC: Select if you are accepted into the bachelor of music and are not taking FYP.
    5. SCIENCE: Select if you are accepted into the bachelor of science program and are not taking FYP.
  6. Click Continue.
  7. Click Checkout Cart link.
  8. Enter the required information and click Submit.

You will receive a receipt number. Please note that it may take up to 48 hours to process your payment.

For students who decide to cancel their admission to the university by the cancellation deadline in June, a portion of their admission deposit will be forfeited. For cancellations after the deadline, the full admission deposit will be forfeited.

Pay residence application fee and deposit

  1. Go to Student Accounts.
  2. Enter the student number provided on your letter of acceptance (B00_ _ _ _ _ _) along with the other requested information.
  3. Click on the Add to Cart link.
  4. Scroll down to the bottom of the page. Select King’s College – All Payments and Deposits.
  5. Click Continue.
  6. Select the required residence fee (application fee or residence confirmation deposit). Click Continue.
  7. Click Checkout Cart link.
  8. Enter the required information and click Submit.

You will receive a receipt number. Please note that it may take up to 48 hours to process your payment.

 For students who decide to cancel their residence admission to the university, the full deposit will be forfeited.

Important notice: King’s and Dalhousie universities do not accept payment by credit card for tuition fees and residence fees.

King’s students applying for Canada Student Loans and Provincial Loans must have the loans made out to The University of King’s College as the official institution.

Pay tuition and residence fees

Payment methods

Methods of payment include debit card, cheque, money order, bank draft, cash and online banking. (Note: application fees and admission/residence deposits cannot be paid by online banking).

Please note: If you plan to pay for tuition and residence fees by cheque, only one cheque is required.

Internet banking is currently set up with TD, CIBC, BMO, RBC, Scotiabank and the Credit Union and done as a direct bill payment setup with one’s personal bank account. Please use the following information:

Add Payee*: The University of Kings College

Account: Student ID Number (B00******)

Amount: Amount you wish to pay

*Since each bank is different, it is best to search ‘University’ to locate us in the bank.

NOTE: King’s and Dalhousie do not accept Interac e-mail money transfers.

Students are encouraged to check their student account balance as all payments are the sole responsibility of the student.

To avoid the $50.00 late fees and interest, all tuition and fees and, if applicable, residence costs, must be paid in full by the term due date.

Interest is 6% a year.

University of King’s College has joined the program as a participating institution. With this new partnership, students (or their parents or grandparents) are able to convert Aeroplan Miles and/or TD Points into funds to help cover tuition fees.

International students

International students can use GlobalPay to pay in their home currency.

Students who make a payment with a U.S. cheque will have the foreign exchange posted to their student account and it is the student’s responsibility to check his or her balance.

Senior citizens

Those who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents, 65 years of age or over at the time of registration and are enrolled in an undergraduate non-professional degree program, may be eligible for a senior citizen waiver. This waives only the tuition portion of the fees, the student must pay the incidental fees. The student must notify the Student Accounts Office to have the waiver initiated on or before the term due date.


Course withdrawal: Students are encouraged to refer to Dalhousie University’s current refund schedule before dropping an arts or science course.

Account credits: An account credit will be refunded to the student by request only to the King’s Student Accounts Office, either in person or from the student’s official university email address. Refunds for account credits are processed once every two weeks.

Withdrawals: A credit of fees will be granted upon receipt of written withdrawal notification in the Registrar’s Office. Once approved, the calculation of the credit is based on the date of the withdrawal notification and the current term schedule. Journalism is a specified limited enrolment programme, which means that students attending the School of Journalism will not receive a credit of tuition fees after the second day of classes. Exceptions may be made on compassionate grounds. In addition, for all master’s programs, the university follows the Dalhousie Graduate Studies calendar.

Students in residence are expected to remain in residence for the whole of the academic year. A student who withdraws from residence during the academic year will still be responsible for the balance of the residence fees unless an acceptable replacement is found. Students who receive a tuition credit based on compassionate or medical grounds may be released from their obligation for residence fees for the remainder of term, at the discretion of the Dean of Students. A medical note must be provided within 30 days of withdrawal from residence.

Download your tuition tax receipt (T2202A)

  1. Log into Web for Students.
  2. Enter your NetID and password.
  3. Click on Canadian Tax Receipts.
  4. Click on T2202A.
  5. Click on the appropriate tax year, then choose from the following options:
    1. View data: this is not an official receipt and is for information purposes only.
    2. Printable form: make this selection only if you are ready to print an official receipt.


If you have forgotten your NetID or password, you can contact the Dalhousie Help Desk at 1.800.869.3931 or 1.902.494.2376. For further assistance, please email:

Access financial information

Parents and others often ask Student Accounts to disclose financial information about a student’s account so that they can make accurate tuition payments.

Our policy is to protect the confidentiality of all information pertaining to our students, including all their detailed financial records and account balances on their student account.

If you wish to grant permission for financial information to be released to a third party (such as a parent) Student Accounts requires you to send an e-mail from your official university e-mail account to: Please include your name and Banner ID and the name of the third party, individuals or organizations you are authorizing. Privacy Release Forms (PDF) are also accepted from the student, in person only, at the King’s Student Accounts Office. Please note that Student Accounts will not initiate contact with a third party. The authorization will remain active until you contact our office to have it removed.

Sharlene Salter

Student Accounts Officer, Bursar's Office | 902 422-1271 ext. 116

M-F: 9:00AM - 4:00 PM