Responsible to be the central point of planning, organizing and implementation of Information Technology (IT) and Audio Visual (AV) systems at the University of King’s College. Oversee daily operations, scheduling, and faculty/student interactions for both AV and IT requirements. Provide professional services and technical assistance for AV equipment, including supervision of student workers and coordination with technicians from the School of Journalism. Provide professional services and technical assistance for all IT systems, acting as a single point of contact in coordination with Dalhousie Information Technology Services. Ensure that all University AV and IT priorities are met in an accurate and timely manner. This position reports to the Director of Facilities Management.
Specific duties / accountabilities
- Provide technical support for online class delivery including lectures (asynchronous), tutorials (synchronous), teleconferences and webinars.
- Set up, operate, maintain, and repair equipment used to record, transmit, and enhance live events, such as microphones, video recorders, projectors, lighting, and sound mixing equipment.
- Problem-solve and handle equipment malfunctions under pressure.
- Record meetings and presentations with video cameras, operate spotlights, adjust amplifiers.
- Edit, copy, store, and retrieve recorded material on physical media and using online storage, video streaming services and social media.
- Coordinate IT activity between various departments and external web service providers to ensure quality and security including:
- King’s primary website (ukings.ca) and The Signal website (signalhfx.ca)
- Advancement Office websites and plug-ins.
- Bursar’s Office Financial system (Sage 300)
- Facilities Management maintenance system (Micromain)
- Coordinate all University of King’s College activity with Dalhousie Information Technology Services including:
- Integration of all shared IT services including Banner and Office 365.
- Cybersecurity activities including implementation of security software, patches, authenticators, etc.
- All Network activities, both hard wired and Wi-Fi, including being the central point of communication for all modifications, repairs, and upgrades.
- Computer hardware and software purchases.
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware. Liaise with Dalhousie Help Desk where appropriate.
- Train computer users including walking users through problem-solving process.
- Install, setup, modify, and repair computer hardware, peripherals, network devices, multifunction devices (including Konica Minolta copiers), and software.
Student Supervision and Coordination
- Hire, train and supervise student A/V and IT support helpers to assist in all the above tasks.
The above accountabilities are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position described.
The successful candidate will need
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline such as Computer Science, or graduation from a technical college or institute is preferred.
- 3-5 years progressive experience in support of a mixed PC and Macintosh environment (or equivalent combination of training and experience).
- Certification in one or more of the following is an asset: Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL), Certified Technology Specialist (CTS), BiAmp, Crestron, Extron, Cisco VC, and other AV technology vendors.
- Up-to-date knowledge of current information technology techniques and tools is required.
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365, Office suites, MS Windows and Mac OS X required.
- Solid experience in a diverse range of services in technical user support, networking, and communications.
- Career experience in post-secondary university or other academic institution is an asset.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, proven organization skills, proven troubleshooting skills effective interpersonal skills, and the ability to interact with clients in a professional manner.
- At times, this job may require the ability to stand for long periods and to lift, move, carry up to 20 kg.
- At times, this job may require the ability to work at heights on ladders.
Closing Date: Tuesday, July 8, 2020
Compensation Range: $47,442 – $57,856 (including a comprehensive benefits plan)