Life After King’s: The SSHRC Application Process
Monday, October 26th
4:00 PM-5:00 PM
KTS Lecture Hall
4:00 – 4:05 Kate Bray – Moderator
- Brief introductions of panelists
- Overview of session
4:05 – 4:30 Panelists – each can take 5 – 7 minutes to provide an overview of their own education/career path after King’s – commenting on the some of following:
- What were the steps you took to get to where you are now?
- Were there unexpected turns or unanticipated challenges and how did you deal with these?
- How did you research and select your graduate school/programme? How are the grad programmes different from undergraduate work?
- What advice do you have for someone considering a career in academia? What do you wish someone had told you before you applied to the graduate or professional programme?
4:30 – 4:55 Questions from audience/discussion
4:55 – 5:00 Wrap up and handouts of resources, web links, evaluation