Move-in Day Schedule
Sunday, September 6th at 10 a.m.
Move-In Day is one of the most important days of the year at King’s! This is when residence students move in. Incoming students and their parents are encouraged to attend the whole day of events, so you can settle in to your new home and meet everyone. A whole team of current King’s students, faculty and administration will be there to greet you and help you move in. Just follow these simple steps:
10 a.m. BEGIN MOVING IN!
Step 1. Find parking in designated Bay or Alex Hall locations (Frosh leaders at the King’s driveway will direct you).
Step 2. Proceed to Prince Hall (located inside the Arts and Administration building) to register. Just follow the signs to visit the stations listed below. If you arrive after 1 pm., please go to the Front Desk of Alexandra Hall. Please note that you do *not* need to visit the stations in any particular order.
- Station 1. Registration (receive registration package, room keys, and your academic gown).
- Station 2. Pick up your DalCard student ID and Metro Bus Pass. You will need a government-issued photo ID (e.g. drivers license, passport, etc.) in order to receive your DalCard. REMEMBER TO SUBMIT YOUR ONLINE PHOTO NOW and by August 28th, so your card will be available for you to pick up! Visit dalcard.dal.ca to submit your photo in advance.
- Station 3. Purchase your Frosh Pack, which is your ticket to all orientation week activities. Purchase of the Frosh Pack is optional, but highly encouraged.
- Station 4. (optional) Proceed to Student Accounts on the 2nd floor of the Administration Building where you can pay your tuition fees, residence fees and/or change your residence meal plan. Should you wish to opt-down your residence meal plan, you must do so by September 25th. All tuition and residence fees are due on or before September 25th.
- Station 5. FYP students can pick up their FYP handbooks from the FYP office, 3rd floor, New Academic Building.
Step 3. Unload all your things into your residence room. Our frosh leaders will help bring your bags to your room!
Step 4. Remove your vehicle. Once you have successfully removed your belongings from your car, please move it off-campus to provide other students and their families with a place to park while they unload. Alternate parking is available on the nearby residential streets or at the National Research Council parking areas, located off Castine Way, behind the Bays. Removing your vehicle promptly will allow other students to move in as well!
|11:45 a.m.||BARBECUE in the mini Quad|
|1:15 p.m.||OPENING CEREMONIES on the Library Steps|
|1:45 p.m.||FINAL GOODBYES!|
|2 p.m.||INFORMATION SESSION FOR PARENTS in Prince Hall (with the President, Registrar and the Dean of Students)|
|2 p.m.||FROSH ORIENTATION FOR NEW STUDENTS in Alumni Hall|
|3 p.m.||The day CONCLUDES for parents and Orientation Week activities begin for students!|