Information for incoming international students

Information for incoming international students

Coming to Canada to study? Apply early!

If you’ve been accepted to study at a Canadian designated learning institution, plan ahead!

Apply as early as possible for your study permit and make sure you understand the requirements for travelling while studying in Canada.

A study permit is not an entry document. Depending on your country of citizenship, you will automatically be issued a visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) when your permit is approved.

Please note that if you extended or renewed your study permit before May 1, 2017, you may need to apply separately for an eTA.

If you plan to travel outside of Canada while on a study permit, before your trip, always make sure that you have the proper, valid documents to re-enter the country.

Learn more: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/index.

Page Break