King’s graduates offer a combination of skills considered valuable in a wide range of fields. These skills include intellectual curiosity, writing ability and resourcefulness.
The Employment for Recent Alumni Board lists opportunities available to recent King’s graduates. All opportunities were shared by King’s alumni as business owners or organization leaders, on behalf of their employer, or by one of King’s partner organizations.
Location: Preference for candidates based in Halifax, NS, Ottawa, ON, or Winnipeg, MB. Candidates based in other locations in Canada may be considered.
Overview: Oceans North is an environmental charity that supports marine conservation and ocean-climate action in partnership with Indigenous and coastal communities across Canada, Western Greenland, and the High Seas.
We are currently seeking a Communications Specialist to join our growing team. The ideal candidate is well organized, motivated, has a wide suite of skills, experience in journalism or communications, and works well as part of a team while producing high-quality work under deadline.
The successful applicant will work under the supervision of senior members of the Communications team.
• Help develop and support communication strategies to meet organizational goals
• Assist in the management and monitoring of Oceans North’s social media channels,
including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn
• Help plan, write and edit compelling copy for digital marketing campaigns
• Write press releases, pitch media stories, arrange interviews and develop talking points for staff
• Help develop, write and edit communications materials, including fact sheets, reports, policy briefs, presentations and letters
• Coordinate media tracking and distribution of coverage to staff
• Produce content for the Oceans North website and update existing web pages
• Collaborate with other team members/contractors to develop visual assets, including photos, videos, infographics and other materials
• Format documents, reports, and presentations
Experience & Skills:
• Excellent writing, editing and digital storytelling skills
• Familiarity with digital marketing tools, including email newsletters and Meta Business Suite; knowledge of Engaging Networks a plus
• Experience pitching stories to media and responding to media requests
• Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
• Project management skills and attention to detail
• Ability to translate complex scientific material into clear, engaging copy for a general audience
• Familiarity with issues facing the environment and ocean
• Experience working with Indigenous people and/or small coastal communities
• Facility with Canva and Adobe Creative Cloud products a plus
• Fluency in French, Greenlandic, or any dialect of Inuktitut while not a requirement, is preferred
• A postsecondary degree in journalism or public relations, with a minimum of two years of journalism or communications experience
• $60,000-$70,000, plus benefits
Applicants can find more information about Oceans North at: www.oceansnorth.org
If interested, please email resume to email@example.com
This is a priority hire and applications will be accepted until November 18, 2022.
CPS Capital is a Toronto-based private equity firm founded in 2013 and focused on investing in North American lower-middle market companies. We believe that there are unique opportunities to invest in and support “microcap” businesses that traditional private equity firms overlook, generally with EBITDA in the $2 to $10 million range. We are currently investing out of over $150 million in committed capital, with which have acquired five platform investments to date.
Current investments include a unified communications company (Cloudli), a provider and servicer of digital health kiosks (PharmaSmart), a provider of software and IoT development services (HiQo), an HVAC buy-and-build platform (Royal House Partners), and a tree services platform (Tree Care Partners). The investment team today consists of three partners, two VPs, and four associates.
We have a unique culture that is very different than traditional private equity firms. Our office is not downtown or in an office building, and we don’t wear suits. We expect the highest caliber of work but allow our team members independence and flexibility. We are a hands-on, no- nonsense, results-oriented firm that prides itself on its ability to execute transactions in unusual circumstances, and on putting in the hard work to support our entrepreneurs and management teams when they need it. Ultimately, we are all close friends who enjoy coming to the office every day and share a passion for investing and building great businesses.
We are seeking to hire an Analyst to be a key member of our team and to support all aspects of the deal process as well as portfolio company initiatives. We value entrepreneurialism, independence, resourcefulness, integrity, curiosity, accountability, determination, and creativity.
• Conduct industry research to support new investment thesis generation
• Screen new investment opportunities, performing first-line financial, operational, and commercial analysis
• Support proprietary and brokered deal sourcing initiatives
• Support all aspects of transaction execution including management calls, company financial and operational diligence, transaction modeling, investment memorandum preparation, and extensive industry diligence
• Support corporate development efforts (e.g. source and execute “tuck-in” acquisitions)
• Support strategic planning, budgeting, forecasting, planning, and financial analysis
• Interact with portfolio company senior management to support corporate initiatives and monitor performance
• Participate in board meetings and strategic planning sessions
• Strong business fundamentals and accounting knowledge
• Outstanding general quantitative skills
• Excellent time management skills, and an exacting attention to detail
• Demonstrated ability to problem solve and take ownership over complex, open-ended tasks
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Curiosity and passion for building businesses and investing
• Undergraduate degree in business or commerce, with an outstanding track record of academic and extracurricular performance
• Prior relevant experience in an early-career position or competitive internship program (i.e., private equity, investment banking, management consulting) strongly preferred
Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis. To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter, and up-to-date university transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “CPS Capital – Fall 2022 Analyst.”