We invite you to the annual Conference of the Contemporary!
Schedule for the day:
12:00-1:30: Panel 1: The Position of the Author
- Rafael Fecury Braga: Truth, Fiction and Self in Virginia Woolf’s A Room of One’s Own
- Sophia DeBruin: The Unsaid: Denying Responsibility in Descriptions of Linguicide
- Daniel Konopelski: Soren Kierkegaard’s idea of Community in Philosophy and Colonialism
2:15-3:30: Panel 2: Games & Gods!
- James Lee: Walter Benjamin and Dungeons and Dragons: Approaching play through the “Literary Game”
- Kyle Hardy: Leave the Capitol: The Production of Weird Truth in Arthur Machen’s The Great God Pan
3:35-4:50: Panel 3: Bodies of Change
- Zoe Coulter: Asexual Interpretations of Bodies and Pleasures: Destabilizing the Biopolitical Categories of Sexuality
- Meredith Bullock: Davis and Foucauldian Docility in Women’s Institutions
- Eleanor Peebles: the Heterotopic Arctic and Victorian Morality of the Body