General Bursaries

If you have sought financial assistance elsewhere (including the Canada Student Loans Program) and can demonstrate financial need, you are eligible to apply for a King’s bursary. The application involves a detailed listing of expenses and resources. The King’s Bursary Committee meets twice during the academic year (November and February) to consider applications. You may apply up to the end of October in the first term, and up to the end of January in the second term.

To apply

Fill out the application form and return it to the Registrar’s office. Contact the office if you have any questions.

Bursary Application

University of King's College

The Acadia Broadcasting Bursary is granted to a student or students in the four-year Bachelor of Journalism (Honours) program, the one-year Bachelor of Journalism program, or the one-year Master of Journalism program who have demonstrated an interest in broadcast journalism and have demonstrated financial need. The award is open to all students, but preference will be given to a student or students from Nova Scotia or New Brunswick. The bursary can be given out as a single bursary or divided into two separate awards.

International travel and exchange bursaries

King’s understands that integrating an exchange or study abroad programme into your degree can be an expensive venture. The following financial assistance is available to students:

University of King's College


The Study/Work International Fund (SWIF) provides funding to King’s students in financial need who wish to undertake an international placement as part of their academic programme. Students are expected to apply at least one month prior to departure; however, if possible, applications should be submitted four to six weeks prior to departure to allow enough time for review and processing.


University of King's College


King’s students are also eligible to apply for the Godfrey Traveling Scholarship, which provides funds for up to a year of study, or to engage in a project connected with education or development work, in a developing country. This scholarship can also provide funding to students from developing countries to study at the College. For consideration for this award, apply by writing to the Registrar by March 15. The letter of application should include a description of intended activities in relation to a developing country.


Questions about bursaries?

Catherine Read

Information and Awards Coordinator , Registrar's Office

catherine.read@ukings.ca | 902 422-1271 ext. 193