FYP Letters is a series of non-curricular notes to keep us in touch over the next days and weeks. They are a combination of original writings and archival ones, including some re-printed FYP News items. — Dr. Susan Dodd, Interim FYP Director.
By: Thomas Curran (Certified Social Media Therapist)
- Are you having trouble concentrating on your studies?
- Not sure what happened in lecture, because you had to attend to your “wall”?
- Trouble sleeping at night?
- Not enough time for sports or socializing?
- Difficulty in expanding your excellent ideas beyond 140/280 characters?
- Obsessed with “emojis”? Trouble expressing emotions face-to-face?
Let me help:
- Non-Judgmental, compassionate listening
- Student Support Groups
- Absolute Confidentiality; No retweeting!
- Proven Track Record
- Measurable progress is possible with a commitment of less than one hour a week!
- Easily applicable techniques and tricks
- Where do I find the “off” button?
- How to overcome anxiety when the battery fails;
- How to unfriend a “redundant” correspondent;
- How to exclude parents from tracking your device;
- How to resist the impulse to take a “selfie” during lecture;
- How to enjoy a meal without posting a photograph of the cuisine on Snapchat;
- How “to peek” at a post,
- while sincerely listening to a conversation,
- or receiving essay advice from an overly zealous tutor;
- How to hide “shaking hand syndrome” during tutorial, when separated from your device;
- How to postpone that “hilarious” post until after 10am on Sunday morning?
- What to do if the post slipped through “by accident” at 11:45pm on Saturday night?
- Simple techniques for effective walking and texting,
- how to enter crosswalks safely while texting;
- how to maximize your mobile posts and tweets while waiting at a red light;
- the etiquette of elevator entry and exit while scrolling down the screen.
Private, supportive sessions between 4 to 5pm each weekday during term.
Learn useful, easy techniques to ease your addiction; no need to go “cold turkey”.
||Androids & Tablets
||Twitter & Snapchat
||Tumblr, Instagram, eBay, Kijiji, AshleyMadison, Craigslist, CliffsNotes &c
I can help you transfigure those “shrill” tweets into full-throated and harmonious birdsong!