Academic Forms & Transcripts

Transcript Requests

Undergraduate journalism students can request transcripts by:

  • Emailing the Registrar’s Office at Please include your full name, student ID number or date of birth, the number of transcripts you are requesting and where they should be sent.
  • Printing the Journalism Transcript Request Form [PDF] and mailing, faxing or dropping it off at the King’s Registrar’s Office.

Arts, science or graduate journalism students can request transcripts by:

  • Submitting transcript requests through Dal Online. Official transcripts will only be sent electronically until further notice. You will find this option under ‘Web for Students’ > ‘Student Records’ > ‘Request Official Transcripts’

In exceptional circumstances, where only a physical transcript will be accepted, please contact for assistance. Please allow 5-7 days for processing of your transcript request and contact for any questions about this process.

If you are former student without access to Dal Online:

  • Please complete the transcript request form. Once completed please attach the transcript request form in an email to for processing.
  • This form is only to be used by students who are not able to access Dal Online.
  • In exceptional circumstances, where only a physical transcript will be accepted, please contact for assistance


Foundation Year Program students who require a formal explanation of the content and breakdown of the Program can print this letter from the registrar.

Honours applications

Journalism students who wish to complete a combined honours degree will download one of two combined honours application forms, depending on when they began study:

Have it signed by both departments and return it to the Registrar’s Office. Forms can also be picked up at the Registrar’s Office.

NOTE: It can take up to five years to complete a combined honours degree in journalism. Please consult the Registrar’s Office or the Undergraduate Coordinator in the School of Journalism for guidance.

Arts or science students who wish to complete a single or combined honours degree can download Dalhousie’s Honours Application Form [PDF], or pick up a copy at the King’s Registrar’s Office. The form must be signed by the applicable departments and returned to the Registrar’s Office.

Intent to graduate forms

Students intending to graduate in May must apply to graduate by December 1. All students must apply through their Dal Online accounts, in the Student Records menu under Web for Students.

Replacement Parchments

Your degree parchment is the official legal document issued by the University that certifies that you have completed your degree. If your parchment is lost or damaged, replacement parchments may be provided for a fee of $50.

Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Music, Master of Journalism and Master of Fine Arts in Creative Nonfiction

BA, BSc, BMus, MJ and MFA replacement parchments are issued by the Dalhousie Registrar’s Office. Find out how to request a replacement parchment on Dalhousie’s website.

Bachelor of Journalism (Honours) and Bachelor of Journalism

Undergraduate Journalism replacement parchments are issued by the King’s Registrar’s Office with fee payable to King’s.

To receive a replacement parchment from King’s, you will need to return the damaged original, or if you are unable to provide the original, you will need an affidavit from a lawyer, commissioner of oaths or a notary public (which must include their stamp or seal) to confirm:

  • what happened to the original degree (ie. lost, stolen)
  • your full name and date of birth
  • current mailing address
  • degree and the year you graduated.

Replacement parchments have the signatures of the current President, Director and Registrar and are dated the day they are reprinted. They are stamped in red ink on the bottom left corner with the notation of “Issued to replace the original dated _____” with the original graduation date written in the space provided.

Please send the original parchment or affidavit along with payment (cheque or credit card number) by mail or courier to:

Registrar’s Office
University of King’s College
c/o Coordinator, Academic Services and Student Systems
6350 Coburg Road
Halifax, Nova Scotia B3H 2A1

If you require any further assistance or clarification, please contact

Additional academic forms